Tuesday

Celebrate The Summer Season With #BoozyTuesday Golf Cocktails

 Kentucky Mule - the perfect blend of bourbon, lime juice and muddled mint, topped off with a splash of Ginger Beer
With Memorial Day weekend fast approaching, it's time to start seriously seeking out... and celebrating... those ephemeral summer pleasures.

You know the ones I mean.  Picnics and BBQs, short shorts and flipflops... and those balmy rounds of twilight golf, that start in late afternoon and end in the gloaming, with greens and golf balls barely visible.

If you live in a continental climate like I do, these pleasures are particularly ethereal.  For me, a sense of urgency often accompanies the start of summer. I feel a pressing desire to savor every ambrosial moment, and drink in all the joy of the sunny season.

Speaking of drinks, cocktails are another sublime summer pleasure. While winter calls for the warmth of red wine, cognac and straight-up single malt, a festive frozen blend of juice spirits and soda, especially when garnished with fruit and flowers, is what I want right now... and for the coming three months.

To that end I'm launching a #boozytuesday summer golf cocktail series.  Each week on Tuesday, I'll be posting a golf-related cocktail recipe here, and on social media.  By golf-related I mean it just has to have some sort of vague connection to golf... it can be anything from the signature cocktail at a golf venue to a tipsy twist on the Arnold Palmer.  It doesn't have to be a hole-in-one. It might even be a Double Bogey.

If you have a golf-related cocktail you'd like to share, post it (photo and/or recipe) on Instagram or Twitter with hashtags #BoozyTuesday and #golf .  We'll feature the best here, and at the end of August, our top pick will win a prize. More on that later.

I'm starting this series off with one of my favorite drinks at this time of year. The Kentucky Mule. I had one of these recently at Cafe-on-the-Green and enjoyed every spicy sip.  Follow the link for an excellent Kentucky Mule recipe. Happy #BoozyTuesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lets us know what you think...