Friday

The Little Linksters and Their Amazing Swings

.
Huge... overwhelming.... a sensory overload.  ~ Those are the descriptives you hear when someone talks about the PGA merchandise show. And that's exactly what you feel when you attend the event for the first time... and every time.

There's always an amazing array of product... and an eclectic group of people presenting, buying and writing about it all.  Innovative... and sometimes, categorically wacky... golf equipment, apparel and accessories fill the massive convention center. The vibe is ultra-high energy.

As per usual, I have just one day to take it all in... I leave Westchester at 6:30AM and return on a 7:55PM flight from Orlando... but I've done the "PGA Show turn-around" thing before - this is always a busy time of year for me and one day is all I ever seem to have time for.

To that end I've been reading all the show news I can find and making a list of the must-sees. I'll share my own impressions this weekend.

In the meantime, I've got to say, it's hard to imagine there'll be anything more impressive to see than The Little Linksters and their Amazing Golf Swings.  For those who aren't familiar with Little Linksters, it's a Pee-Wee Golf program developed by Brandon Elliot, a dedicated class A PGA Professional whose friendly, fun style and admirable patience, sets the tone for an amazing learning experience.

Today, Brandon welcomed Annika Sorenstam ...among other golf celebrities... who served as judges for the "Best Pee-Wee Golf Swing in America" contest, and the category winners were presented. As the PGA's John Kim wrote in his daily buzz report, "A large crowd gathered around “The Littlest Golfer” booth to watch videos of some amazing toddlers and kids and the celebration of the winners.

They truly are amazing and the program is great!  Not only for the children acquiring precociously perfect swings, but also for the growth of the game and watching the compilation made me wish Brandon Elliot and Little Linksters had been around when I was a kid.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Pat. This was almost as good as being at the Show! As for the video, if I didn't love children so much, I'd feel pretty bad about my game right now. Those swings and turn throughs are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to stir my little ones towards golf but with my own limited skills and without a developmentally appropriate introductory golf program for kids it was impossible. My girls were swept into the pee-wee soccer and my son was pulled into baseball. That's just the way it works in our town. It would be great to see the Little Linksters spread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If my kids are in anyway typical, and I'm told they are, Brandon Elliot must have the patience of a Saint. It's too bad more PGA professionals don't focus on the Pee-Wee set, but I fully understand any reluctance to do so. Kudos to you Mr. Elliot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is my son who leads into the video. so proud of him. we live in NYC - and so sad Little Linksters is not in NY - we have the first tee program - but our son is too young....

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Awards Ceremony was great. I enjoyed seeing the kids in action and getting a chance to meet Annika, Kelly, and Brendon. Great article Patricia - posted a link up on www.GolfReportLive.com - Marshall

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness! how adorable are those little golfers? Amazing video, thank you for sharing that i truly enjoyed watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lindsay, you must be so proud of your son. Brandon is doing an awesome job getting the word out and it really seems to be resonating, so hopefully Little Linksters programs will come up to NY and CT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karah Sanford Acceptance Video

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4qdxOp63jc

    also see:
    www.karahsanford.com

    ReplyDelete

Lets us know what you think...